Epiphone Serial numbers can tell you quite a bit about that guitar, you just have to know how to read them.
Decoding Epiphone serial numbers will help you when you’re buying or selling an Epiphone guitar.
You can find out:
- What country the guitar was made in,
- How old it is,
- What factory it was made in, and
- What the manufacturing number is,
…all very simply.
This is what each character means:
- “I” = Factory/Country
- “04″ = Year of Manufacture (2004)
- “03″ = Month of Manufacture (March)
- “1245″ = Manufacturing Number
This is the factory/country code “cheatsheet”:
KOREA: I= Saein, U=Unsung, S=Samick, P or R=Peerless
CHINA: DW=DeaWon, EA=Gibson/QingDao, EE=Gibson/QingDao, MC=Muse, SJ=SaeJung, Z=ZaozhuangSaehan, BW=China
JAPAN: No letter or F=FujiGen,J or T=Terada
So this particular axe was made in March of 2004 in the Saein factory in Korea.